Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of a Walt Disney World vacation you need a “vacation from your vacation.” You need a day off. A day of rest. Or what we like to call a “resort day.”
You can sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast at Everything Pop, and lay by the pool all day. And within an hour the kids might be muttering those famous last words “We’re so BORED!” That is the last thing you want to hear on a Disney vacation.
But never fear, we have some ideas on how to pass the time during a “resort day” that might guarantee you won’t hear “we’re so bored!”
5. Stop by the Fast Forward Arcade located in the lobby of Classic Hall. Now this might not be your first stop on a sunny day, but if it’s hot outside (or raining) it really is a great place to let the kids play for an hour or two. The arcade runs on Arcade Cards and you need to purchase points to play.
4. Visit one of the pools at the resort. This might seem like an obvious choice, but there’s not just swimming at the pools. If you visit the Hippy Dippy Pool in the afternoon there’s a party going on every day! Beginning around 1 p.m. and lasting until about 7 p.m. the cast members will be leading games of ‘Name that Tune,’ water games, big wheel races, trivia, and more. And at 3 p.m. each day there’s a Hippy Dippy Pool Party followed by the Decades Dance Party at 4 p.m.
3. Take a jog around the New Balance running trail. Lace up your running shoes and keep those “Disney legs” in shape with a nice, relaxing 1.29 mile run around Hourglass Lake to the Art of Animation Resort. After your run, reward yourself with a dip in one of the quiet pools at Pop!
2. Stop by the daily Pin Trading sessions at Everything Pop! No matter if you’re a novice pin trader or if you have lanyards of pins, this daily event will have something for the whole family. Take your pins and trade each day at 12 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. at Everything Pop and again at 5 p.m. in the lobby of Classic Hall.
1. End your resort day with a movie under the stars! Did you know that every night (weather permitting) Pop Century shows a Disney film outside, under the stars? It’s true! The movies begin each night at about 8:30 p.m. on the Hippy Dippy Pool deck and include titles like “Tangled,” “Frozen,” “Winnie the Pooh,” and “Mulan.” The movie selection might change from month to month, so always check your Activities Sheet for the most up-to-date information!
And there you have it – five ways to have a relaxing and refreshing resort day! There’s so much to see, do, and explore at Pop Century, there’s no way you’ll be bored!
Remember … always check the activity sheet that you receive upon check-in – it really is full of great ideas for fun and it also includes the full pool schedule and movie schedule for the month!